The mini wellness consultation format is an excellent way to dip your toe into working with a wellness coach, identify your top health goals and kickstart your journey, or boost your motivation.
Companies are hiring wellness coaches to provide these mini consultations to staff members, and they are being offered by some practitioners as a way for prospective clients to make contact and check compatibility before signing up to a programme or booking individual consultations.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions so you can get the most out of your time at your mini wellness consultation:
- What are your main health queries at the moment? Is it diet-related, sleep, how to fit exercise in your daily routine, or stress management / mental health related? Identify the most pressing one and prepare a short explanation of your situation so your coach can get a clear picture of your current lifestyle. Bring along any supplements or special foods you use regularly if you would like advice about them.
- Prepare a couple of questions to ask your coach, such as their method of working with a client, fees, hours available and types of coaching they provide. Ask have they dealt with a similar issue in another client and how did it work out. Check out their website in advance to get an idea of their areas of expertise.
- Listen carefully to their suggestions! In such a short amount of time you won’t be coming out with a personalised wellness plan, so take notes for yourself, ask for any clarification on the spot, and check where you can go to get additional information on any suggestions they make.
- Keep an open mind. You may not be ready to make certain links in your behaviour and health situation right now, but you can be sure your coach is trained to help you get to the root cause of your health issues, so you can untangle the knots and begin to make changes. However they should be open and honest with you about the scope of their practise, and refer you to other health care practitioners when necessary.
- Don’t be afraid to contact them afterwards with any additional questions, collect their contact details on the day and ask about their follow-ups.
- Sign-up to their social media channels, or mailing list, you may not feel like making any big changes today, but a few months down the line you might be wishing you could remember their name to book a session!
At The Wellness Clinic we offer mini wellness consultations for your workplace or community event, lasting between 15-30 minutes. Please contact email@example.com for more information.